Monday, October 28, 2013

56hours in KANSAS

golden hour eastbound I-70 after departing NIGHTMARE @ NORTHSIDE

rear view of the last light as I head EASTBOUND & DOWN
MAX was the 1st to greet me at 6am when I walked into Brodie & Bianca's
before any people were stirring, I hid away Bianca's special delivery of Lambert's black bean tofu


BUSTER is the latest addition to the fam, & Iris & Bianca have terrific short haircuts
Brodie has a new utilitarian toy
Max is now enjoying both indoor & outdoor living
picked up my SECOND mix CD from Eric B.. thanks bud...!

left Great Bend & headed right for the buffet @ Garden Grille
stopped by my sisters & hung out - where is that BOY's LFE tee now?
drove by WES's PIRATE COVE

decorations at The DONUT WHOLE

short bus vs short bus @ the ANCHOR

inspiring images at the BIKE CAVE

drive less, bike more

keep on keeping on

ease of maintainance

rode the freight elevator with Schane in search of a ladder
 and now we wait the few hours until the world premiere of LORDS OF COWTOWN


bummed to see that the national chains have taken out another local business
Julie gave me a mix CD & John provided 2 discs from his college days!

ran errands with Jeremy

we toured the halls of SE high & saw my sister in a meeting

one of Jeremy's precious kitties.... LUCY

the impressive lunch box collection

Jeremy captured a telling van life image - toothbrushing!

we rolled by WES's pirate cove and took in the spectacle in the daylight

had to stay til WED to get some vegan donuts

thought I could get outta there with only 1, but left with 2
taught Carrie how to Farkel @ the grocery store
 The big news of the trip is that FARKLE HQ has moved. I walked over the other morning from The Donut Whole with the intention of buying a few sets. But I was crushed when I walked up to the door & found a FOR RENT sign in the window and the place empty. I went next door to find out that they had moved three months ago to a new spot on the south end of town.
Bianca lined me up with Pat from Homegrown KANSAS where I stocked up on fresh organic veggies to bring to GB

No comments:

Post a Comment