Sunday, July 14, 2013

Liard Hot Springs

it's a pretty fancy bridge to get over the Liard River
I was looking forward to these springs. Been hearing all sorts of good things

10 minute walk into mosquito country to get to them

no moose presented themselves
no joke, these were hot!
I think the best spot was under the falls - kept the skeeters at bay

overview - the source is out of view to the right

this gal is approaching the source - I couldn't get in this upper pool

shot from above the source
that the spot right there
that's the feeling !

got up for my ride and rode over the river
had a conversation with a lone buffalo
 illegally rode my bike out to the springs for a morning soak. back to the van for breakfast, then back on the road..
with a quick stop at Miller River Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment