Saturday, July 20, 2013

dedication

So I'm in Anchorage.... hadn't really found my people. But I did locate a local sangha that meets on Monday nights, so I figured I'd stay in town til Tues morning so I could check it out...   6:26pm arrives and I'm waiting outside the Zen Center for someone else to show up. I start getting nervous. The website looked updated, but who knows, maybe they aren't active. So I call the phone number on the site, and Leon answers and apologetically tells me that the sangha is meeting tonight at his house for a meditation garden dedication ceremony and he invites me over. It's less than a mile away, so I hop on the bike and boogie on over.
Leon says a few words before the ribbon cutting

Leon's wife, Lynn gets the honors
rad chain from the gutters to ROCK cluster feature

you know I sat on that bench!

twisted feature in the center

the crowd files in

completed the circuit, then a poem, then a few words
then Leon made everybody organic vegan smoothies

this was on their fridge - look at Leon's smile up above... so true

mangos!

blend it up

serve it up
FLASH - master of the universe was on hand

Leon let me take some kale & chard from his raised beds
It sure wasn't what I was planning on, but I sure am glad I stuck around and ended up meeting Leon & crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment