Tuesday, October 9, 2012

seattle

got to seattle late / wound up looking at Alex's cassettes
Drewl & Chad were gearing up for a drive to San Diego
Met the hippies at Wayward and hung out... until

they drove off into the morning
I walked back to Wayward and enjoyed the Lost Souls scramble

Sidecar for Pigs Peace is now open on MONDAYs!
downtown to visit some clients

back to the U-district for dinner

I went with raw enchiladas....and the most lovely lady brought it to my table.
lexi & I hit it off... that evening she noticed my HOBO book and kept peppering me with reading suggestions
She found a few books in the free box
we had breakfast @ Wayward & then had some porch time...

after a tour of her home where I stumbled across a YEE tag in the alley
hung out on the campus for a bit...

Pizza Pi had a rad hours sign

got a gluten free pi

got some details about the Sherwood Co-op - student housing collective

awesome key installation on the porch
Lexi had told me about a free veg cafe down the street from Wayward
went in and was served a plate of food. couldn't refuse.
I love this sign in downtown

next morning I linked up with Coleen and walked about
stopped in 35th North and noticed their art exhibit

lots of gardens to look at

Sweet dolphin in Capitol Hill
we walked downtown to the radical bookstore.

seems strange that it's located a stones throw away from a major capitalist institution

enjoyed this eye catching sign on their door
stumbled across a large presentation on the downsides of mood stabilizing drugs

That night I had another free dinner with these three at Fare Start
 FareStart is a culinary job training and placement program for homeless and disadvantaged individuals. Over the past 20 years, FareStart has provided opportunities for nearly 6,000 people to transform their lives, while also serving over 5 million meals to disadvantaged men, women, and children.
the evenings meal was Indian in theme and most of it was VEGAN!
Jammed out the Jenga with Bodhi and Deb after the meal

the next morning I met up with Lexi to check out MOSAIC - the pay as you want coffee and community center

was able to get to the Zine Library at Hugo House for a few reads.
last order of business was to get in some skating with Bobby

Beacon Hill has a great bowl and a great view of the city

John Boyd got me on a frontside rock kick!
so long Seattle, perhaps we'll meet again


No comments:

Post a Comment