Wednesday, May 15, 2013

missouri


coming into MO, I drove across part of Ed Sitz' Table Rock Lake
stayed the night at a Baptist church and cemetery
the entry to Baker Seed co.
kicked it with the local dog - reminded me of Little Larry
cute little cabin
over 50 types of heirloom watermelon seeds
watermelon propane tank
the founder's daughter with all sorts of watermelons

watermelon paintings

woodcut turned into melon

watermelon light switch cover
so many neat fabrics to look at in the MERCANTILE



and then it was lunch time
6 days a week they offer a donation based all vegan lunch

I was there on enchilada day. spanish quinoa & salad from their farm
VIRGIL's is the root beer of choice in the bakery

so long from BAKER CREEK!
cruised over to MARSHFIELD where I missed a founding fathers seminar

small town state pride
took the slow road back to KANSAS and went through EUREKA

the Brazil's old home where I spent many weekends as a kid

1 comment: