Friday, May 31, 2013

Indian Cave

Steve & I headed out to the NE/IA border to Indian Cave State Park

the "cave" is only an 1/8 of a mile from the banks of the Missouri
it's a big park, but we went right to the "cave"
stairs......and more stairs

using the word "cave" is really pushing it...

like at BLUE SPRINGS, it's more of an overhang
this chimney element is the closed thing to a real cave

Steve took a trail up and around looking for a river overlook.

jumped the fence to check out the log cabin
Steve & his instruments of torture
the windmill made some creepy sounds from a distance
hiking out from the windmill
we spent a lot of time hanging at the observation deck
Steve set up this shot of the campsite - too good to not include

the headless Andel - spooky shit out there in the woods

my best attempt at a sunset photo - that's the Missouri River
I was up early and this is what I saw-too cloudy for a good shot
packed up camp & went for another hike & motored back to Lincoln
We saw lots of wild turkeys, but I didn't get any shots. We were hoping to come across one of Steve's workmates who planned to be in the park while we were there... But never saw him.....Turns out he didn't make the drive.  He's also told us that you could drink from the windmill... Turns out it was bone dry or maybe the pump handle was removed. All I know is that we couldn't get a drip of water from the spigot. Steve chose wisely in wearing pants. I was in shorts and two days later was scratching a myriad of mosquito bites. Steve claims he wasn't bitten. It was a nice wilderness get away, but we were both disappointed in the Indian Cave itself. I can't speak for Steve, but I'd go so far as to claim false advertising in their use of the word cave. I vote to call the place Indian OVERHANG State Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment