Sunday, April 29, 2012

Crouse in the land of UTAH

CROUSE was my main objective in UTAH. Who is aaron crouse? I met Crouse in NR120 my freshman year of college {1990}, NR120 being a Natural Resource Conservation class. We hit it off quickly and started hanging and skateboarding together. We must have snowboarded together as well. Come second semester, it was his pair of hair clippers that I used to first shave my head. And from then on I was hooked and bought my own clippers. That same pair has been with me for over 20 years now, and I like to joke that I'm my own hair stylist. Crouse was there at the beginning giving me tips.

He and two of our buddies started a band called BELLJAR that first year... I went to lots of the practices and all of the shows.... Some of the best times of my life !  Belljar morphed into ANNA NORTH with only a change in bass player..... aaron graduated and moved to work in his field.. I think that first job was near JACKSON HOLE, WY.  We've staying in touch. I went to his wedding, and yes, it's much more rare that we see each other, but the important part is that we STILL DO see each other.

This time around, Aaron was gonna be tough to see.... but it worked out and we hung one afternoon during his work day. It might not have been the experience I was hoping for, but I'll take it. Anytime with CROUSE is better than no time with him.... Next year aka this year, I'm staying for a week!!!!

searching the box.....
bingo... a MILLER coozie from the 70's. classic.

this sign was up in the back office at Aaron's job.
aNOTHER bonus of being in the PARK CITY area for a few days was stumbling on the opportunity to hang with a long ago COLORADO connection homegirl named Jamie Stratford. Crouse, Grant, and I met Jamie and her sister Jennifer at Jamaica Jim's skatepark in the early 90's. I know Grant and I dumpster dived muffins with them in Los Angeles a few years later.... stable contact it has not been.. but every few years we connect.... Jamie was on holiday with her fiance and I was able to meet up for a hike.
Jamie confirms that the water is COLD.
JOE & Jamie...ahhhhh the flowers were out.
trailhounds....
the OAKLEY, UT park.  paying tribute to CROUSE

The newer park at PARK CITY
Good Karma was ok in PARK CITY. nothing to write home about

This sando at Fairweather Natural Foods was amazing!
OMAR's Rawtopia was insane... avo/seaweed salad !
hAZELNUT AND cACAO SHAKE from Omar's in SLC
from PARK CITY I motored down the mountain into SLC... stopped at OMAR's ... didn't meet Omar but ate some of his fine foods and hit the interstate bound for the unknown of IDAHO.

No comments:

Post a Comment