Tuesday, April 26, 2016

#kevsFloridaColdSpringsTour

In May 2015 I initiated #kevsTEXASswimmingholetour (view here). I put a few weeks of planning into that adventure.  This year #brotherboarderpowerslap tour is my main objective, but as I rolled into Florida, I decided to see how many Florida cold springs I could swim in on my days off. 

spot # 1 - Wakulla Springs

I jumped off that large platform in the back there....

then I got on a boat and took a tour down the river.

this film was filmed on the property
Add caption

beautiful trees
saw several alligators on the river bank... this guy was the only swimmer
got skunked at Peacock.... it was flooded out from a nearby river


Ichetucknee Springs - the head waters -  borrowed goggles here and it was amazing

the main swimming area at Ichetucknee - spot #2b
7 springs on the property at Ginnie Springs - this is where I got in
 and swam out to the river and floated down to this other spring area. as I was swimming the back stoke, my back struck a scuba diver's tank. he didn't stop to say sorry....punk just kept on going....
spot #3 - Ginnie Springs

Manatee Springs  - spot #4 - had high hopes for seeing a manatee here... no luck

saw water snakes

gorgeous river settings....


and even an adolescent raccoon, but no manatee

Rainbow Springs - spot #5 - early morning swim
took a kayak down a 5.5 mile stretch of the Weeki Wachi river - no manatees.  #6 great swimming
Warm Mineral Springs - spot #7 - coulda skipped it
Alexander Springs - spot #8

Juniper Springs - spot #9
De Leon Springs - refreshing early morning swim -
after my swim, I looked at the menu at the grill house restaurant.
glad i did - they have all you can eat vegan pancakes.. the only catch is you have to make them yourself

Blue Springs - last stop #11

didn't get a pic - but I saw a mama manatee and her baby

looking down into the head waters of Blue Spring - lots of goggle wearing
eleven springs, inside of one week. one hell of a ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment