Thursday, September 25, 2014

kirkham - day 8

last hot spring of the adventure


I'd never noticed this pool before - too hot for me
walking out of the river bank pools

the Payette is churning through the canyon at this bend
hot water cascades off the the hillside into the pools below

lovely
I like hanging out in this little cave fed my mini falls

something happened upstream in the hour that we were soaking

check the before & after color of the water - loads of sediment had been washed in upstream - not sure why
on the way out, we stopped & took several shots from the opposite river bank

I investigated an apple tree but the apples were too small, and the hillside too steep
 now into Boise to catch Claus Grabke's son's band...the Picturebooks at a venue called the Crazy Horse

No comments:

Post a Comment